Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dry frizzy hair, help!?

my hair recently has been getting incredibly dry and frizzy. my natural hair texture is wavy/curly and very puffy thick, coarse and frizzy. right now im using herbal essences body envy. the clarifying shampoos work better on my hair because i find things like pantene or even joico kpak leave this buildup that just makes me hair worse. is there a shampoo and conditioner out there that is light and will make my hair soft and managable? please,if you have any experience with a particular shampoo that helped you and you have the same hair texture as me, help me out! i guess i should also mention that i blow dry and straighten my hair (with a chi iron) every 2 to 3 days. i know its drying my hair out,but my hair is just a puffy mess if i dont straighten it. ultimatley id like to have nice enough hair to be able to wear it naturally. please help!



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

First I think you should start with a good hair cut to get rid of some of the damage and split ends. Keeping up with getting it trimmed every 5-7 weeks will help keep it healthy and growing.



I have the same type of hair as you and I can wear it naturally. Right now I'm using a sample of Dove Cool Moisture shampoo and conditioner and it works very well, but I find that my hair gets oily quicker.



My favorite shampoo and conditioner combo is Suave Naturals Strawberry shampoo and Suave Professionals Humectant conditioner. The Naturals shampoos come in different scents and they all work great, they get your hair clean (and it stays clean) but they don't dry your hair out or make it frizzy (they actually smooth it). The Humectant conditioner is made to moisturize and reduce damage and it works very well and you get soft hair from it.



Definitely try the Suave products first, but if they don't work for you (everyone is different), try Biolage Hydrating shampoo and Conditioning Balm (it's expensive but it's worth it: the shampoo cleans and moisturizes and the conditioner smooths and softens so well; it's just amazing). They have sample sizes at CVS and Rite Aid (and maybe Walgreens, not sure) that you can buy to try it out, it's much better than buying the full bottles because it might not work for you.



Rinsing your hair with cold water right before getting out of the shower will help add shine and smooth the hair cuticle (smooths out damage/frizz). About an hour after I get out of the shower, I use TRESemme Anti-Frizz Secret Smoothing Creme and it works fantastically.



Switching your shampoo and conditioner about every 2 months will help keep it from getting damaged. It sounds strange, I know, but I used Dove Sheer Moisture for a while and loved it but then my hair started to get really damaged (tons of fly aways), so I switched to a shampoo I got for Christmas (Nexxus). I still use the Dove every once in a while, but it's not a regular product I use.



For now, I think you should use a deep conditioner once a week in place of your regular conditioner. I love TRESemme Deep Quench Conditioning Treatment. Once your hair gets better you can switch to using the deep conditioner once every other week. I'm a big fan of TRESemme, they also have a heat protectant that I use when I blow dry or curl my hair (I never straighten mine, but you can use it for that, too). Try to start letting your hair air dry and don't straighten it so often.



I'm sorry this is so long, but I hope it helps you in some way. I've tried so many things over the past 2 years to get my hair into good shape and I've finally done it. Just be patient and I'm sure your hair will get better. 閳绢檵mily



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

it's kinda expensive but sunsilk will work



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

deep condition it twice a week. this does make a big difference to your hair. mine was like yours before and now because i deep condition it, its shiny and soft! ive heard that the aussie one is ment to be fantastic.



hope i helped!



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

Elvive smooth- intence



http://images.ciao.com/iuk/images/produc...



i use it its really good at protecting hair especaially if you straighten it! i have big frizzy hair and it makes my hair fee very light, smooth and silky!!



and you could also use Elvive nutri gloss!!!! its fantastic it makes you hair very shiny and soft!



http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/ebi...



hope i helped :)



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

i like that treseme stuff. Get the ones specifically for dry hair and leave the conditioner in for a few mins before washing it out. Also serum helps lots!



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

Quit using the blow drier and curling irons.



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

These are terrific products and the only ones I use myself and in my salon. My customers love them. The "Soothe" leave-in creme works wonders on dry, frizzy hair.



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

i have the exactly same hair. even a slight bit of humidity or wid makes it just friss. it ges really embarrising at school. i straighten it a lot and i feel that l'orel elvive works wonders for my hair and also for making your hair softer use dove 2 in 1 about once a week for lovely hair and it smells lovely aswell. hope i helped



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

use an aloe vera plant.... smudge it to your hair like every night... iknow its disgusting but it actually works!!! and use pantene restoratives products!!!!



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

Hello Christine, like others, I would probably recommend some reach/deep conditioner and even alternate products every few weeks to get a better feel for what works better for you. Good luck.



theHairColoringGuy



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

Real Hair Solutions for Frizzy Hair



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/11/frizz...



Dry frizzy hair, help!?

Wow, I have same issue as you. I straight iron mine almost every day. I use Nexus Shampoo and Conditioner for damaged hair. Squeeze most of the water out of your hair and put a generouse amount all through your hair and let it stay in every day when you are in the shower or bath or at least 5 minutes. I then towel dry and dry my hair most of the way and when still a bit damp put in this serum in called John Frieda Collection (Frizz-Ease). It only takes a dime sized amount but I put in a quarter amount and I rub it on my ends first and then through my hair and my hair looks great after I straighten it. But when I don't use it or use a straighter I look horrible. You can find all of these products in your local drug store. I also put my straightner on medium and not high and use a ceramic kind.



If you can afford it - get the Chi brand (over $100).



Panten is horrible on your hair. I used it for years and couldn't figure out why my hair looked horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment