Thursday, July 30, 2009

To help my hair to heal, shouldn't I just leave it alone?

I have about 1/2" of new growth... my hair is naturally shiny and healthy. But in the past, I have relaxed my hair so the rest of my hair looks pretty....dead and fried. I was thinking about just letting my hair loose and allowing my hair to take care of itself. Cutting off my hair is a no-no according to my mother (I am still 17... so I can't cut it until I am 18).



Suggestions?



P.S. My natural hair is wavy... but the relaxed hair is straight... wouldn't that looked weird?



To help my hair to heal, shouldn't I just leave it alone?

I think you should just let your hair grow out.



But if you don't like how its gonna look (because of the wavy and straight thing, then just use a flatiron. I know it sounds like it'll do more damage, but at least you wont have to have that weird look going on)



But in the mean time you can use Joico K-Pak.



The shampoo.



The condioner.



And the deep penetrating reconstructer.



Its very strong stuff though, so don't use too much of it at a time.



Also, Pantene is really good to get it soft and silky.



But nothing is better than the VO5 Hot Oil Treatment.



Home remedies...



Put olive oil, mayo, or baby lotion (preferabbly Johnsons) on your hair and keep it in over night.



To help my hair to heal, shouldn't I just leave it alone?

I don't really understand your question. But, yes, if your hair is currently damaged, the best solution for it would be to just to stop putting chemicals into it, except for shampoo and conditioner. Some big brands have stuff called ''for repairing damaged hair'' but all it is is more chemicals.



To help my hair to heal, shouldn't I just leave it alone?

Start going to the salon every 2 weeks for them to get you through this stage - let them know you don't want any chemicals or heat on it for a while and see if they have any suggestions...

No comments:

Post a Comment