Monday, July 27, 2009

Bleached Hair Question - Professionals only Please!?

Hello - I've been bleaching my hair for years. I touch up the roots monthly and everything has been fine so far. Lately, I'm getting tired of the maintenance and would like to let some of the hair grow out and just highlight sections of my hair instead so I still get the blonde I want while other sections of my hair grow out. I'm letting the bottom half of my hair grow out dark (a dark blonde) so I'm just talking about highlighting the top half. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to go about the highlights? Is this the best way to grow out some of my natural hair color while still having the blonde I love? Advice is appreciated. Please don't just reccomend a salon, although I am open to going if there is absolutely no other way I can pull this off.



Bleached Hair Question - Professionals only Please!?

Hi, I am not a pro but I did go to beauty school and my step mom has been a hair stylist for 30 yrs and same with mother in law and cousin.



My sister had her hair bleached to platinum, I mean it was almost white and long, she wanted to get back to her natural color of light brown, She had to get some of it cut so it wouldn't look so fried, and I know my cousin put a color and I believe a filler or toner on it, because some of it came out a little ashy. I think you have to do it in a few sessions so your hair doesn't get too damaged.



I think you will have to go to a salon though unless you know someone that has access to a beauty supply store and can help you, because I don't think just a one step hair color from the drug store is going to give you the results you want. Hope this helps a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment