Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

For weeks I've been contemplating putting a darker shade of brown in my hair. My friends tried to convince me it was a bad idea, telling me my natural hair colour was lovely. Of course, I didn't listen! About two hours ago, I put a semi-permanent dye in my hair. (L'oreal Casting - Ebony) I wanted it only a shade darker and for it to look extremely dark brown, but NOT black. The box said 'Darkest Brown', so this seemed perfect and I put in it.



Inevitably, I HATE it! It turned out BLACK - and not even a pretty black, the fake looking goth/emo black. It says it lasts for 24 washes. I have washed it 10 times with a clarifying shampo. In order to prevent irreversible damage, I have been conditioning after every third wash.



The black colour still hasn't faded even a little bit! I want my old, dark brown colour back! Is there any other way to lighten it a little quicker? PLEASE HELP!



PS: Sorry for this long winded question!



Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

I'm a hairstylist and I suggest first try doing a soap cap with some shampoo and baking soda. Sometimes this will lift some of the color out. There's nothing you can do to get all the hair color out . You could also try putting a deep conditioner on your hair cover it with a plastic shower cap and apply heat with your hair dryer for 10-20 minutes then wash it out while it's still hot and this will allow the hair cuticle to be raised and that may allow some of the color to wash out. If not find someone who uses Pravana color extractor or Igora Color corrector, these two do less damage when correcting color. Hope this helps!!



Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

Go to a hair expert or a hair salon with a hair professional.



Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

ur best bet (even though probably expensive) is to go to a salon and have them correct it. DO NOT try to dye it again urself in an attempt to lighten it...i saw someone try to do that and her hair came out orange...traffic cone is not a good look on anyone!! keep using the clarifying shampoo until u are able to get an appointment. when u call to make an appointment ask if there is anything u can do at home to lighten it up in the meantime. explain about the clarifying shampoo and see what else they suggest. another option is to call the number on the back of the box and ask them what to do..im sure they have heard it before! good luck and im sorry about ur hair



Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

I suggest going to a salon and saying hey look i did this can you fix it? im sure that a trained perfessional can come up with something but it wont be cheap black hair is usually the most difficult in the dying process.



OR



You can just ride it out, they mean that it is good for 24 days i.e you wash yout hair once a day, and i think that once it fades out you'll get that deep brown you were talking about. I say save your money and hold your breath.



Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

You will have to go to a salon and have your hair lightened. When you dye your hair you can't actually lighten it, you can only darken it. A salon has to do a special treatment to actually lighten hair. Your best bet is to def. go to visit the salon!



Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

short of going to a salon and paying at least $200?



dawn dishwashing detergent and baking soda; leave on your hair and cover with plastic (for heat) for at least 1/2 hour.comb thru. rinse well (like under the tub faucet and then in the pool); towel dry and apply conditioner; leave conditioner in the rest of the day. rinse at night.



Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

I'm a hairstylist/colorist, and you can lighten it yourself. Try washing your hair with Tide liquid detergent....I know that sounds crazy, but many stylist use it to lighten colors when clients have done...what you've done.



Hair crisis! Please help me - especially all hair experts! (RE Hair colouring crisis)?

Hair Color Disasters: How To Recover



http://geethabeautytips.blogspot.com/200...

No comments:

Post a Comment