Thursday, July 30, 2009

Help! Dyed hair?

I dyed my hair over a year ago, almost two years ago, and it had a red tint in it. Well my mother has red hair, so unfortunately it still hasn't grown all the way out. Ive died it a couple of times, but the color never lasts more than a week and the red is showing again. The stylist has used permanent hair color, ash, and all that. Does anyone know how I can get my reddish hair brown again?



And am I right to think that because my mother has red hair, it has made it harder to get rid of the red in my hair?



I was thinking maybe bleaching it, and then dying it brown. Would that work?



Also!, my natural hair color is Dark blonde/light brown. Right in the middle.



Help! Dyed hair?

Red is the hardest color to get out of hair... The hardest.... What u need to do is have the hairstylist go a level to a level and 1/2 darker then what u want..



If u went lighter with your color when u colored it 2 yrs ago then what u did is stripped out some of that pigment in it.



Your hair right now is like a sponge wrapped in syran wrap.. And what we need to do is get that syran wrap off of there.



If u were at my salon I would suggest a double color process. What that is, Is you go over it once with permanent then back over it with semi permanent.. This acts like a really good filler for the hair ( like a bottom coat of nail polish) so It helps the color stick in there better. So I would ask them about that. Also it is not worse for your hair because the second one is semi permanent. If u notice within 2 weeks after getting any color service done that it has faded call the salon and get a redo. .They will do it for free that way u are not paying, But make sure it is within 2 weeks.



It would probley be better for u to go a all over medium brown. And then put in some hilites( they can be dark blonde) that way u get the same effect as your natural just a bit darker...



Do not bleach it.. 1 it will make your hair super dry.... 2nd We need that syran wrap off remember.. The color will just fall right off of that hair within a couple weeks (fade fast) and worse then now.



U might also wan't to think about trying a new stylist. If she has not helped u achieve what u needed or helped u enough maybe u need someone else with more experience with hair like yours...



Like I said. Remember u can always get a redo On hair that u are not happy with. but do it within 2 wks or they will probley say no fix.



Also To help color stay in Make sure u are using Shampoo and Conditioner for color treated hair, Also products that don't strip out color, and stay away from the sun that can cause fading. Never shampoo everyday. Every other is ok. It will also strip some of that color out , and it is not good for the hair..... Gl.. If u have any more questions .. .Give me a holla



Help! Dyed hair?

try really dark brown, ash turns your hair green usually so be careful with that.. black would dEFINETLY cover it.. and go permanent



Help! Dyed hair?

whatever you do dont go out and buy hair color i learned the hard way what you wanna do is go to a hair salon its more money but its deff. worth it they know what there talking about and they will give you diffrent options and if your natural hair color is blond and brown why would it change to red cause its your mothere natural? good luck !!!



Help! Dyed hair?

just shave it and start over.... or try blond that will get everything out and dye it again!



Help! Dyed hair?

Bleaching it sounds like a really good idea and it is the only way to get rid of the other color for good. Just make sure you get a natural looking brown to put over it because your hair will really pick up the color of the dye after it is bleached. Your mother having red hair will not make you hold on to a dye in your hair anymore than anyone else. Permanent is exactly that.



Help! Dyed hair?

that funny I just went through that too, my natural colour is auburn and I just wanted dark brown, I tried it all even the bleaching and by the way that just made it Orange because of the red in my hair. so I went to the store and bought a box of dark brown with no red(ash) and it works for a bit and eventually the red always wins....grrrrrrrr!



Help! Dyed hair?

How long is your hair? Unless it's super long, I would think the part that was dyed before would have grown out and been cut off by now. I'm not a stylist, but I think red is somewhere between brown and blonde on the hair color wheel. I think there are two things you can do.



1. Be like Britany and shave your head OR



2. Go to a professional, a really good one, like the salon Toni %26amp; Guy (the Bed Head products are made by them). Be willing to pay good money for their advice.



Help! Dyed hair?

Try using a dark brown if that don't work then I would go to a salon and have your hair striped and then dyed the color you want it. I've had to do the same thing before but I wanted the black outta my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment