Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hair loss - please please please help me?

I recently discovered a large balad patch, about an inch accross, on the base of my scalp. Most of it it starting to grow back,but very slowly %26amp; like stubble,there's still a small section not growing back. I've booked an appointment at the doctors as I believe its due to stress/depression.Or possible thryoid problems (I have a family history of it)



Basically I'm asking for ANY advice about what I can do to help it grow back, what treatments I should use,any supplements etc



Also I've bleached my hair since I was 14 (I'm now 19)%26amp;I was contemplating whether I should go back to my natural hair colour, as I don't want to weaken my hair futher.However after being blonde for so many years,it would be a big change for me,so I would prefer to still have it dyed slightly lighter than it is naturally (professionally) but I wonder if any dye will damage my hair?



Its very embarassing%26amp;I have to wear my hair up for work, so any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.



Thank you



Hair loss - please please please help me?

The area of hair loss...is it completely slick at the scalp or are there little bits of stubble? (not the new part growing back in) If it is slick, the hair has fallen out. If it is stubble, the hair has broken off. You are doing the right thing seeing a doctor. He/she can take a look and evaluate the situation properly. Hair loss in patches is called alopecia areata. Thyroid can indeed be a major factor in hair problems. Be sure to tell your physician. If it is breakage instead of alopecia my suggestion would be to stop the bleaching. There is the possibility of whats called "overlapping" of the bleach leading to breakage. Depending on how dark your natural hair is...there are other methods of keeping your hair lighter in color. Good luck.



Hair loss - please please please help me?

Your decision to see a doctor, go back to your natural hair colour are the best advise you can get. Rogaine is also made for women. Expensive but works for many. I hope you get better soon and that your stress levels lower. Have a great year and I wish you the best.



Hair loss - please please please help me?

i have recently lost some of my hair due to chemotherapy and i am very suprised about how quickly it is growing back due to a special shampoo/conditioner combination i use. it is called Nioxin. It's not too expensive...just 15 bucks for a bottle, but make sure you get the shampoo and condition because they react with eachother. i think this stuff works great...good luck!!



Hair loss - please please please help me?

The reason of hair loss in most cases is lack of Vitamin B12 in blood, try to take a proper regime that contains it, if its so serious u can support by using special pills or ... ! But I offer you to visit the Doctor...



Wish it works Dear :)



Hair loss - please please please help me?

..well,dyeing makes hair really dry..and ya know, its also d cause of hair loss, honestly..im suffering w/ dat problem too..my mum let me use a ginseng shampoo..and conditioner,..and i stopped blow drying and using hair iron...and i stopped applying gel..etc.



Hope tis help...



Hair loss - please please please help me?

Hair loss and thinning hair have been sensitive issues for men throughout time. Recently, medical science has eventually identified the main cause of hair loss. At present, it's a known medical fact that hair loss stems from both genetic and hormonal causes. Androgenetic Alopecia or even "male pattern hair loss" is implicated in ninety five percent of hair loss cases. The key is a hormonal byproduct called DHT (dihydrotestostrone). The even more DHT that gets put into your body, the even more your hair follicles turn into thinner and finer until the hair is permanently wasted.



DHT and hair loss



DHT is 1 of many male hormones in the body. DHT is developmentally vital early in a man閳ユ獨 life; however, it appears to be a cause of hair loss as men get older. DHT shrinks the hair follicle until it no longer produces obvious hair.



Doctors believe that excess DHT is an apparent cause of hair loss The causes of hair loss aren't well defined; however, researchers have uncovered that men with male pattern hair loss have increased levels of DHT in the balding area of their scalps. Individual hair usually follows a cycle of expansion, falling out, and new expansion. However increased levels of DHT are believed to contribute to the shortening of the expansion phase and a shortening of the time it takes for the hair to fall out. This results in thinning of the hair on the scalp.



Provillus blocks DHT (dihydrotestostrone) from getting to your body, which is 1 of the major causes of hair loss. The Breakthrough formula of Provillus was designed to block DHT and supply the proper foods to your body specifically tailored to block hair loss and to help you regrow hair naturally. Strong, sound hair begins with the proper nutritional building blocks. You do not have to hold off until there's a problem to end it! Provillus supplements your body's natural supply of these vitamins and lets the tiny follicles below your scalp receive exactly what they want to manufacture beautiful, full-bodied hair.



For more info on Provillus visit: http://www.herbalmedicationsonline.com/p...



Hair loss - please please please help me?

It's a good idea to go see your doctor because patchy hair loss can be from an underlying disease or infection. My case is a typical male pattern baldness (MPB) that began in my early 20's.



Unfortunately, MPB is genetics and there's not much that can be done to stop it. But it can be slowed down. I used different products to do so beginning with Nioxin. Then I upgraded to minoxidil (same as Rogaine, but cheaper), now I'm using Hairobics. They all work, just depends on what your comfortable with.



Watch this Dateline NBC video. It reviewed 5 products and the results are encouraging. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6590766



Hair loss - please please please help me?

http://dailyman.blogspot.com has good information and products for hair loss and treatments.



http://dailyman.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment