Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What shade and brand of hair color should I buy?

My natural hair color is super dark brown - almost black. I've gone to the salon twice now to have my hair darkened. See, I had lightened my hair a long time ago, but now I want my natural color back. The last several times I've had my hair done, I've gone to a salon that uses CHI hair dye. CHI is THE GOOD STUFF but it seems to fade really fast and doesn't stay dark. The reason this has become important is because the last month or two, my trichotillomania has been insanely bad due to stress, so now I need to buy a Rene of Paris wig topper...



If I were to color my hair at home, what brand and color would you suggest for me to get the color I want without it fading to something really light?



My hair is super dark brown with no red tones in it.



What shade and brand of hair color should I buy?

I highly recommend that you buy your haircolor from Sally Beauty, as you will be buying Salon Quality haircolor.



Clairol Professional's Second Nature is specifically formulated to darken your hair without ammonia. (Deposit Only - No Lift Haircolor) Look for Second Nature at Sally. There are both black or dark brown colors to choose from. Mix S.Nature with 20 volume developer and let it process for 30 - 45 minutes.



It's a very gentle color due to the fact that it does not contain ammonia. This will be safer with your current scalp condition.



You will also be able to see hair swatches on the shelf at Sally to get a good idea of what the color looks like on hair.



http://www.sallybeauty.com



What shade and brand of hair color should I buy?

I would try Feria by L'Oreal, it's always worked great for me and the color lasts long

No comments:

Post a Comment