Thursday, July 23, 2009

I want to remove my hair color but I'm afraid it'll just make it lighter. Should I try it?

I have been dying my hair red for YEARS and I want to go back to my natural hair color. I have read all of the other answers about hair dye but it seems taht everyone wants to go from dark to light. My natural hair color is dark auburn brown and my coloured hair is a lighter coppery red-orange shade. If I use a remover, will my hair just get lighter or will it really go back to my natural darker color? And will it ruin my pretty curly texture? (I'm black with a mixed-race texture hair) And which kind should I use?



I want to remove my hair color but I'm afraid it'll just make it lighter. Should I try it?

in order for you to understand this completely, i have to explain a few things first...



in order to make hair lighter, you have to remove pigment. so depending on how light you want to go will determine how much pigment you have to remove. you then have to ADD a COLOR depending on what you want the end result to be. After removing pigment to a level 6 (light brown/dark blonde), you're left with a red-orange color. now, depending on whether you love it, like it, or hate it, will then determine what tone you want to apply. if you love it, you choose a red-orange color to apply. if you like it, you choose a neutral color which will somewhat cover the redish tones but they will still show through a little. if you hate it, you have to apply a complimentary color (in this case, it would be a level 6 ash which has blue/grey tones). this will completely eliminate any red-orange tones. when you color your hair lighter with a regular color, it's doing both of these steps at the same time...lifting color out, and adding tone in.



now, if you were to apply a color remover, all its going to do is remove the color that was added, leaving you with the dominant pigment (at a level 6, remember that was red-orange). its not going to make your hair any darker, and it wont bring your natural color back. if you want to do this, you need to either let it grow out, or color it back to your natural. i would suggest going to a professional. also, a remover will definetly damage your hair, and the texture wont be the same.



again, i suggest going to a stylist, but the only thing you can do is dye it back to your natural. there is no way of removing your exsisting color completely.



I want to remove my hair color but I'm afraid it'll just make it lighter. Should I try it?

there is a special laundry detergent that gets out hair die look on the web and you will find something about it



I want to remove my hair color but I'm afraid it'll just make it lighter. Should I try it?

I would dye it the shade that is closest to your natural color. I would not strip the color out.



I want to remove my hair color but I'm afraid it'll just make it lighter. Should I try it?

Color remover makes your hair a bright orange, so that you can dye it a different color. I recently used Loreal Feria in a color that was close to my natural color, and it worked very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment