Monday, July 20, 2009

How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

I have naturally dark brown/chestnut hair, with a hint of red in it - you can really see the red in the sun. My roots are about 3-4 inches long, and I'm loving what I'm seeing - haven't seen my natural hair colour in so long. Problem is, after my natural colour my hair is black. (Yes, I made that mistake of being "edgy" and dying all my hair black).



So here's my dilemma. I want to continue with my natural hair colour, because I must admit, I am in love....but I want the black gone.



Is it possible to colour over black?? (Ex. to find a hair dye that matches my natural colour, and dye my whole hair that?) Or is there a hair style in particular you can think of that I can work with to disguise the obvious difference in colour? (My hair is just past shoulder length, thick, and somewhat wavy - but not a "nice" wavy Haha).



Or am I stuck with my bad decision until it gets to the right length to chop off? haha! Thanks!



How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

You need to go to the salon to get this fixed.



To remove black from hair you need to bleach it, then tone it down, to get it to match your natural hair color.



How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

You need to strip it, not bleach it. Report It



How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

haha i dyed my hair back a couple years ago too!



i also saw my natural hair color coming out and the hair dresser dyed my hair my natural color :]



Good luck :]



How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

my brother did this before and he had to bleach his hair 3 times and dye it back to a brown color that was close to his normal hair color... it looked good when he was done. if you havent done much dying before that then ur hair should be fine but if you dyed it a lot before, this might not be so great for your hair.



How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

Is it possible to color over black? - NO.



You can go to the salon and let them take care of it, or you can let your natural hair color grow out for a while, and then get the black hair cut out of it.



How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

Is it a recent dye job? If so, there could be some help for you. I know this is going to sound like I'm making it up, but I actually had to do it. Due to a botched dye job, my hair turned black. I called my salon and they couldn't get me in because it was the local high school's prom weekend. The owner of the salon told me to get liquid Tide. (Yes, the stuff for laundry) Make sure to get it without bleach. Wash your hair in Tide until the color stops rinsing out. Make sure you condition your hair REALLY REALLY well in between each washing. I had to wash my hair about 4 times within about 2 hours and I used a bottle and a half of conditioner.



All the black won't come completely out, but it will take a lot of it out.



How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

If you go to a beauty supply store they should have color stripper and that usually will take out any color.



How do I get rid of the black dye in my hair?

Wash your hair Twice a day with Clarifying Shampoo.Any brand will work, even the store brand. Its made to get hair product residue out of your hair and it works with hair dye trust me i tryed. Go in the sun as often as you can because it will lighten they hair color in the dye.



It should be pretty much back to normal in a month or so.



P.S. DRINK TONS OF MILK BECAUSE IT WILL HELP YOUR HAIR GROW SUPER FAST AND IF YOU GET 2-3 INCHES TRIMMED OFF EVERY OTHER WEEK YOUR HAIR WILL GROW OUT AND IT WILL BE THE NORMAL COLOR, TRIMMING YOUR HAIR ALSO MAKES IT GROW FASTER.



DO NOT DYE OVER IT! THE CHEMICALS WILL MIX AND RUIN YOUR HAIR AND IT WILL TURN A CRAZY COLOR. WAIT AT LEAST 4 WEEKS BEFORE RE-DYEING IT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment