Saturday, July 25, 2009

Does your hair shed more in the winter?

I wear my hair natural, and this is new to me. I stopped relaxing my hair in Jan 2006 and decided to let it grow out from the short cut I wore, my hair is now down to my shoulders. During the winter weather I've been straightening it with a ceramic flat iron. I've noticed the shedding, could it be due to the winter weather or could it be that this flat iron is really not good for my natural hair? I also try to brush my hair 2-3 times a week, is this good for hair growth? Please any tips or product recommendations would be greatly appreciated.



Does your hair shed more in the winter?

Your hair does the most shedding in the warmer months (it also tends to grow the fastest as well)...However, let me ask you this..How often are you using your ceramic iron on your hair? Although ceramic flat irons are considered better for your hair than the traditional ones, it is still heat being utilized...When you add dry air to the mix, what you seeing could also be breakage....Do you moisturize your ends daily? By that, I do not mean just putting oil moisturizer on your hair alone (it only coats the hair when it is not used with water)..It helps to spray your ends with water and follow up with an oil moisturizer nightly and dont forget to wrap your hair with a silk or satin bonnet...Also, depending on which website you go to, brushing your hair can also contribute to excessive hair shedding...Your hair is delicate and you are ripping your hair out by constanly brushing it...Are you doing that to help distribute oil to your ends? That wont help as much as you think...Here is website that may or may not help you...



http://www.ubhpublications.com/



She has some interesting facts and tips to help you get a general idea about caring for your hair! Trust me, her advice works!...



Does your hair shed more in the winter?

I shed more in the winter, and the middle of summer. Guess its the weather.



Does your hair shed more in the winter?

not sure read some useful hair care tips and more on thsi site to help you



Does your hair shed more in the winter?

Your hair will shed more in the summer. All the heat makes your hair dry it falls out easier.



Does your hair shed more in the winter?

Yes, i dont know why though. Supposidly when you wash your hair and then rinse it, you should blast it with cold water so your pores close and it shines more. Also since you use to relax your hair, that can have something to do with it. Your flat iron doesnt have nothing to do with it. Just dont bursh your hair when your hair is wet because thats bad and you get split ends doing that. Prevent damage? I recommend Redken spray starch, you can get that at salons.. its the best! spray a little then comb it out and blow dry then straight. Faster and easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment