Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dyeing hair multiple colors?

I'm considering dyeing my hair more than one color. (Think something along the lines of black as a base color with four or five other neon/bright colors; blue, pink, red, yellow, etc.) Before I loose my head (and possibly my hair?) on this one I have a bunch of questions about it, it's my first time attempting anything like this. I've never had my hair dyed, but have helped dye a friend's hair once, so I have a bit of an idea of how it works.



1. Damage? I have darker brown hair (sort of auburn), so I'm assuming I wont need to do a lot of bleaching/etc on this one, but I've asked around and have had people recommend to bleach anyway because of the other colors I'm thinking about adding.



2. If I do end up dyeing my hair, I also like to flat iron it too. (Basically, I love my hair straightener. My natural hair is wavy/slightly curly.) Are there any products I can use to prevent something disastrous happening? Should I just swear off flat ironing it all together *tear*?



3. I do have quite a few friends who are semi-proficient with hair dyeing, but should I go professional anyway? (There's not really anywhere to go around here for hair styling/dyeing/etc. though, so what I'm really asking is, will I be sorry I didn't take the extra effort?)



4. Recommended hair products and/or dyes possibly?



Thanks so much. =0



Dyeing hair multiple colors?

Okay here we go...



I dye my hair various bright colors often so I know quite a bit about this.



1. You do not need to bleach your whole head but you do want to bleach the part you are dying different colors. Use foil to make sure you get just what you want to dye the other colors. It's really simple. And yes you can use home foil.



2. Go out and buy a shine spray for your hair. It helps bring back oils and it also helps when you straighten. You can also go buy some some biosilk stuff it works well too. Do not swear off your straightener just be careful with your hair. Make sure you put one silky shiny product on your hair.



3. It is totally possible to do it at home. It's really easy and costs way less. Get one of your friends to help you with the foiling and off the wall colors... It will totally make the difference. And you wont regret doing it at home... just dont get drunk before you dye your hair... (I was a retard and did that once... NOT good lol)



4. Okay with hair dye, my best efforts with dying other colors have been when using RAW or Special Effects which you can get at Hot Topic or off the internet. Do NOT and I mean NOT use Manic Panic. It washes out in like three days. It SUCKS!!!!!!!!



Any who, hope this helps...



Dyeing hair multiple colors?

i think that multiple hair colors looks trashy.



1. yes you are going to have some major damage



2. there are products that you can use when you apply heat to your hair try the treseme one



3.if you are going to go through with it then you should definitely get it done professionally that way you don't risk any mistakes



i mean come on its your hair! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment