Saturday, July 25, 2009

Black hair care: what am I doing wrong?

OK, I have natural hair that I wear pressed. I only get it pressed twice/month. Other than that, I don't use heat in it. I wrap it nightly and use a satin scarf. I don't have color either; no chemicals. My hair does fine for about 7 days. Then, like clock work, on the second week, it starts massive shedding like crazy. Then, it stops when it gets washed. I'm starting to wonder if 14 days is too long to go without conditioning my hair, but my hair dresser says that that is normal. I don't like it and I feel like too much hair sheds. I'm trying to grow my hair longer.



My question is: How do I keep moisture in my hair? Is 2 weeks normal? When people say use olive oil, do they mean real olive oil? I have tried everything and it seems like nothing will keep moisture in my hair. I would wash it weekly, but people say that washing hair every week will strip it. Suggestions welcome.



Black hair care: what am I doing wrong?

http://www.carolsdaughter.com/department...



These products are for all ethnicities- also sold at Sephora!



Black hair care: what am I doing wrong?

conditioning 1ce in two weeks? are you crazy? you must condition your hair twice in a week. and iron it not more than two or three times in a year. i do so and my hair is quite gud.



Black hair care: what am I doing wrong?

you can use olive oil but not too much..my hair is natural to and i get my hair pressed also my hair did the same thing my by shedding but to be honest its normal because i had a relaxer in my hair so long that my hair can to convert over once i was getting it pressed and it did some shedding but i kept it conditioned got hot oil treatments and rod up my hair so i had the spiral look because i didn't want to do all that wrapping also i brought some hair products that specialized in natural hair care which help me a lot



Black hair care: what am I doing wrong?

I am black also and went into a lot of trouble before I got help from this same site. Wash your hair twice a week. You do not need to go to a hair dresser. When you buy hair food, make sure that it contains no mineral oil or petroletum. Do not use any blow dryers or flat irons. Let your hair dry naturally. Once it is dry apply your hair food and then do 4 or 5 braids if your hair is long enough. You can comb it out the next morning if you are going to work but if you stay at home let it stay braided and take it out for the next wash. Eat foods that are rich in proten and a lot of green leafy vegetables. This will really help. For black hair, do a hair cut every 4 months, just half an inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment