Thursday, July 23, 2009

At-Home Hair Dye Question???

ok, I bought a box of a burgundy/dark auburn hair dye that I really want to color my hair with. My natural hair color is medium brown, and I've dyed my hair black about 4 months ago, so my natural color is mostly grown back. The problem is I still have the black in my hair, but I want to dye on top of it anyways. Will it fry or damage my hair?



At-Home Hair Dye Question???

I think it would be fine.



You may get a bunch of people answering your questions saying that you shouldnt dye it yourself..but dont listen to them! My hair is naturally strawberry blondish and last month i dyed it the same color you're talkign about at home (my friend did it though).



But if you really arent sure then go to a salon and ask a professional. But I would probobly just go for it haha.



At-Home Hair Dye Question???

no it shouldnt. four months between dying is good. i usually die my hair between 3/4 months. and its healthy shiny and soft=]



At-Home Hair Dye Question???

Yes, you can damage your hair, you will cause what's known as "over processing", which can cause your hair to become to dry %26amp; brittle %26amp; even fall out in some cases because all the ammonia will have burnt your hair.



On the box there should be a comments %26amp; questions or some kind of help/tip line. Sometimes it's also found on the instructions inside the box. Those lines have trained color experts (or at least ppl trained about their product) that can help you decided if you should proceed %26amp; if the case is no (which most likely it will be) they usually are able to tell you what you CAN do.



Good luck!



At-Home Hair Dye Question???

It won't fry your hair if you just follow the instructions carefully.



but, the dye will not cover the black.



it will only dye your roots.



At-Home Hair Dye Question???

How to Pick the Right Hair Color based on your hair color and undertone to avoid color failure



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-t...



How To Color Your Hair



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-t...

No comments:

Post a Comment