Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bleaching/lightening hair?

My hair is naturally a very light honey blonde color, but when I was 13 i dyed it a dark burgundy brown. I went to black for awhile, and now, at 16, i want my natural color back. i haven't dyed my hair in about two months (i tried to lighten the darkish brown, but it just made the roots blondish and the rest still dark brown). so right now my roots are blonde for about 2 inches out and the rest dark brown. i'm planning on having my sister who's bleached and colored her hair very nicely before to bleach mine then add a semi-permanent darkish blonde color to match my natural color. is this the best idea??? i really want my natural hair color back.



Bleaching/lightening hair?

Please, listen.



You need a CORRECTIVE COLOR SERVICE.



I've done the exact same thing. I've got a lot of experience with coloring my hair, and coloring clients hair, but I STILL couldn't get my hair right this time. I tried stripping old black color off my hair, and the bleach couldn't lift my hair past orange.



You're going to have to do this in stages. Go to a stylist and get this service done. It's going to take me two weeks to get my hair back to normal - I had TWO of my cosmetology instructors overseeing my corrective color and bleaching and in two more weeks, coloring - and we still couldn't get it where I wanted it.



Don't wind up in the same boat with me...sitting here with strawlike yellow-orange hair for july 4th week...do it slowly...you may have to go a little darker than your natural and try again in a few months... :'-(



IF you insist on doing it yourself, use a regular bleach (go to Sallys and get professional supplies, please) and apply only to the colored hair, not the blonde and roots, making sure not to overlap onto already blonde hair. You only want your hair to get to a light yellow color so that you can apply a SEMI PERMANENT COLOR only over it to darken it to the color you're going for. Don't try to use a permanent, the developer will be too much for your hair after bleaching and you will do SEVERE damage to it...even more so than the bleach is about to do.



Bleaching/lightening hair?

You obviously know what you want to do, so go for it. I'd go for permanent, though.



Bleaching/lightening hair?

I haven't done colors for a good while. But I am a pro and I would say you need to strip out this dark brown. The reason your roots or new growth turned blond is because it is virgin hair ( has never been colored) also the new growth will take color faster then the rest so will your ends.



You need to buy a stripper and just do the dark brown. You can buy this but I don't know if you can buy it at a beauty supply store or if you can only get it through a place for professionals only. Then do the bleach and let it set on the dark brown until it is at the color of your new growth then add beach to the new growth. Finish the time you have left but check it often to see what stage it is at. take off when it is really light with no orange tint to it.



Then you might want to try a toner or you can do color but watch out for the base of that color, it will say on the box. Your base color will mix with their base color. some places have a color wheel to help you. If you do color DO NOT put the color on the new growth or ends until you are at least half way through your timing. You MUST use a professional shampoo and conditioner but also a reconstructive treatment or your hair will look awful and can fall out from so much processing.



You should wait for at least 48 hours after the beach to do the color. Your hair will be fragile, I would do a reconstructive treatment after so your hair is stronger for the color. Just my 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment