Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I wanna dye my hair...tomorrow so i need answers!?

okay well i dotn knwo what to do because i got highlights awhile back and well i tried getting my hair done before to get it dark brown but it just went straight to light....my natural hair color which is like a natural light brown....is coming in...but i wanna dye my hair dark brown again....and people are telling me that if i do dye my hair that its going to go even lighter then before because of the highlights....what do i do?!



I wanna dye my hair...tomorrow so i need answers!?

Here's the deal. You have hilights which when you color your hair dark will eventually wash out of them. The reason why your hair seems to get lighter eventually after going dark is because it is artificial pigment and even though it may be a "permanent" hair dye it still will fade over time. The reason it sometimes gets even lighter than your natural hair color when it fades is that hair dye uses peroxide and ammonia that can remove some of your natural pigment even though your went darker. After the artificial dye fades your natural is left and is lighter as a result. Try using color (assuming you are doing this yourself) that says low or no ammonia or a semi permanent. Keep in mind that Semi permanent hair colors tend to look darker since they coat your hair and pick a shade lighter than what you think you want.



I wanna dye my hair...tomorrow so i need answers!?

Wait a while for the highlights to grow out, or if ur in a hurry, dye it and see what happens. Use temp tye so if the color isn't right you can rinse it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment