Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hair color help (funky colors)?

I want to dye my hair a noticable red color, either really bright or really dark. im not going for a 'natural' look, i want it to stand out, while still being practical. however, i cannot find any good examples, products or pictures, so any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated. And, if you have any advice on convinsing my mother, well that'll help too! i already have shoulder length orange-red natural hair. its very dull and i want it to be bold. simple enough, eh?



Hair color help (funky colors)?

you could try using Manic Panic, in a deep red, it is only a semi perminant hair color, they make it in all kinds of colors includint a deep red and a vibrant red, also it fades out in a few weeks so if you didnt like it then its no big deal, you could use it for highlights or how ever you wanted, its like 8 bucks at sallys beauty supply



Hair color help (funky colors)?

Maybe something like this (brighter red but still practical and cute)



http://www.healthyhairplus.com/charlie2....



or maybe something like this.......sorry that the girl is covering her boobs make sure no kids r around haha



http://www.style-hair-magazine.com/image...



Hair color help (funky colors)?

Here's a picture.



http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?medi...



Or just search photobucket for Hayley Williams (she has amazing red hair.)



To convince your mom, I say you pull out the poor pitiful me act. Just say "Mom, I really think brightening my hair would make me feel better about myself, blahblah.." Haha. Worked for me.



Hair color help (funky colors)?

bright red is a great choice if you want noticable, unique hair! I've had bright red hair before and I used L'oreal Color Rays in red:



http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/31...



It's a highlighting kit but eh you can still use it to dye your whole head. I did many times and it turned out bright, bold, and eye-catching.



I dyed my hair without my mother's approval and she pretty much spazzed. I just calmly explained to her that "it's my hair and I have the right to do what I want with it. It'd be nice if you'd let me dye my hair and experience new things at this age while I'm still young. because when I'm older I won't be able to do these things anymore without looking stupid". She was cool about it :]



this page has tons of picture of red hair:



http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/hai...



Oh yeah and one more thing. Red is the fastest fading color. if you want to mantain the color, use shampoo and conditioner by John Frieda. you can find it anywhere, like at wal mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment