Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hair Dilema please help, What can I do?

I have been getting highlights in my hair for the past year now. But the past few months I haven't been able to afford them as me and my fiance have just got a house. My roots are now about 1-2inches long and I hate it.



Can I buy a home dye kit to turn my hair back to brown again as this would be easier until I can afford to start going again. I've heard that because parts of my hair are highlighted even when I dye it they will still be lighter than my natural hair.



Hair Dilema please help, What can I do?

Hi,you can try.Good Luck



Hair Dilema please help, What can I do?

only bit of advice i have - whatever you do DONT use sun-in as a cheap fix.



seriously.



dont do it.



ever.



Hair Dilema please help, What can I do?

You could try getting the hair dye that eva longoria advertises on tv where you get a second colour and mini brush thing, and put in your own highlights, then no one will be able to tell the difference!



Hair Dilema please help, What can I do?

It will be lighter as you've stripped your own hair of it's colour but you won't have the terrible roots and it will take about 6 - 8 weeks until it needs doing again and it won't look that bad. Rather than highlights have you though about having what the hair dresser calls a semi-permenant colour? This can be matched up to your darker colour to even it out. It does wash out and the first time you have it you will find it doesn't last as long EG: 6 weeks but after having them 2 or 3 times it will last up to 10 or even 12 weeks. You can only go darker or brighter though so no highlights. It's cheaper and not as damaging and is like the ones you buy in the shops but will last longer and look shiner. Not sure how much your salon charges but say if you pay 鎷?0 now, for the colour alone, then you may only pay about 鎷?0. Don't forget that you don't have to have it cut or dried to have it done and the hairdressers. They won't be offended if you say you only want the colour and not the other things.



Hair Dilema please help, What can I do?

If i were you i would call into a salon and ask their advice, tell them your problem and ask what you can do. They are usually very good at giving you free advice, especially if it is the salon you normally get your highlights done at, as they know you will go back when it is convenient financially..



Hair Dilema please help, What can I do?

I am not a hairdresser but I would be reluctant to do it yourself. Depending if the highlights have been chemically treated or not, you will need a professional colourist to change your hair colour back to your own natural shade. Apparently it is done in stages and red has to be added back first. Doing it yourself could result in your hair going a shade of green... (Past experience).



If you can't afford it at the moment, is it long enough to put up? Or you can those mascara wands that add colour but wash out easily...



I would try and make the most of it until you can go to a hairdresser........ Good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment