Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Help! Highlights on dark brown color treated hair...? Am I doing this right?

I just bought a box of permanent medium brown hair color which usually makes my hair dark brown and closer to my natural hair color. I also bought a highlighting kit which includes one highlighting head cap and two hooks. First, I'm going to use the medium brown hair color to cover my roots and make my hair all one color. Then, I'm going to use the highlighting kit. I DO NOT want ORANGE highlights! I always seem to end up with orange chunks in my hair! I'm aiming for light brown highlights that are noticeable, but natural looking! Any advice?



Help! Highlights on dark brown color treated hair...? Am I doing this right?

I have dark brown hair and put highlites in it about once a month. Doing what you say may leave you with dry brittle hair or all broken off so short you will have to get it cut. if you are going to dye your hair, do that first, wait a couple of week and then put the highlites in it. try a spot first to see how long you need to leave the lightening stuff on. I had pink highites once! I have also had it bleach out so white it broke off. I have also had orange highlites cause I didn't leave it on long enough. Dying your hair will make it weak so be carefull if your hair is already dry and damaged. My daughter and I did the same thing for her and her highlites were orange. She finally had to to cut her hair short to get the most of the orange out and let her hair grow out.



Help! Highlights on dark brown color treated hair...? Am I doing this right?

yes!



good luck!



Help! Highlights on dark brown color treated hair...? Am I doing this right?

this is very tricky... my advise is get it professionally done



Help! Highlights on dark brown color treated hair...? Am I doing this right?

i don't think you'll get "light brown" highlights from a highlighting kit alone. if you only leave it on for 5-10 mins then your color will lighten to a reddish tone, but not light brown....it goes red, orange, gold, yellow, light yellow (banana color). My advice is to do the highlights the maximum time and then rinse them and dye them whatever shade of light brown you want them.



good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment